Tagged: QuickBooks Error H505
- QB TechsKeymasterSeptember 18, 2019 at 3:25 pmPost count: 15
Reasons for QB Error H505
1. When you are trying to connect with the company file on another PC, and the QuickBooks is unable to connect with the server computer. This gives QuickBooks error H505.
2. Windows services required to host QuickBooks multi-user set up are not running. Check and verify the services.
3. When you are trying to open your QuickBooks desktop company file in a multi-user set up and the workstations are unable to communicate with another PC, it gives error H101, H202, H303, and H505.
Resolutions for the Error H505
1. Click Start – > Control Panel.
2. Click Control Panel – > look for Firewall Settings.
3. Click Firewall Settings – > Allow a Program through the Firewall.
4. Click Add Program – > add QuickBooks 20xx to the exemption list.
5. Then restart your PC.
1. Click on the Windows Start menu and select Run.
2. Enter services.msc in the RUN dialog box and click OK.
3. Right-click QuickBooksDB19 (2009), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2007); Select Stop.
4. Right-click, select Start and Close the window.
1. Click on the Windows Start button.
2. Select All Programs, select QuickBooks on your Hosted QuickBooks Desktop > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
3. Click on the Scan Folder tab.
4. Click on the Add Folder, scan for QuickBooks company file.
5. Select the company file, click on OK.
6. The way to the organization document is in the Folders with QuickBooks organization records field.
7. Click Scan to begin the filtering procedure.
8. After the output is finished, click Close.
1. Open required ports in Windows Firewall Settings
2. On the left, right-tap on Outbound Rules, and select New Rule
3. Select Ports and click on Next.
4. Choose TCP and in the ports box.
5. Click Next and select Allow the Connection.
6. Click Next to enter a name in the name field (for instance, “QuickBooks ports”) and click Finish.
7. Repeat the above steps for the Inbound Rules.
8. Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
1. Go to Cloud based QuickBooks hosting > Login to QuickBooks as an Administrator.
2. Select the File menu, Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-client Access.
3. Do you need to stop hosting QuickBooks …? shows up. Click Yes.
4. When QuickBooks should close the company file and re-open…? shows up, click Yes.
5. Press F2 to see Product Information screen and ensure Hosting is Off.
I hope this helps you out.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.