You can install QuickBooks file doctor by downloading the QuickBooks tool hub, where you can select it from the list of available tools. You can also directly download it by visiting this link. Once you download the file doctor on your desktop. Please follow the video shown below to get rid of errors.
QuickBooks file doctor comes preinstalled with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions. If you are using an earlier version of QuickBooks, you can manually install and run it.
Errors and Issues that can be handled by QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks errors starting with 6000 series followed by additional two-digit numbers occur when you try to create, open or use an existing company file.
- QuickBooks Error -6150
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -77
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -82
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -305
- QuickBooks Error -6000 -301
- QuickBooks Error -6147
- QuickBooks Error -6130
- Any missing data from the company file such as customer, vendors or employees
QuickBooks errors starting with H denotes that QuickBooks is not able to communicate with the server computer consisting QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks Error H101
- QuickBooks Error H202
- QuickBooks Error H303
- QuickBooks Error H505
All of the above mentioned errors can easily be diagnosed and fixed by downloading QuickBooks file doctor.
Limitations of QuickBooks File Doctor
- To scan a company file using file doctor, you need to have a valid administrator username and password for that company file.
- Company files of more than 2GB are beyond the limit QuickBooks file doctor to process.
- You need to have Microsoft .NET Framework installed to install and run QBFD.
Run QuickBooks File Doctor from Tool Hub
- Open tools hub and select the Company File Issues option.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- In QuickBooks File Doctor, select the required company file. If you are unable to find the name of your company file, Browse and point it to the correct location.
- Press Continue.
- Input QuickBooks username and admin password and click on Next button.
The above process will start processing your company file and check for damages and network issues. It can take 3-5 minutes depending upon the size of the file. After the file doctor has finished processing your company file, restart QuickBooks and open your company file to verify data integrity.
How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor from QuickBooks Desktop
These steps only apply to QuickBooks 2016 and later versions
- Start QuickBooks and open your company file.
- Click open File menu, select Utilities, and Repair File to start QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Browse through the company file.
- Choose from company file issues or network issues option.
- Enter your QuickBooks Administrator ID and password and click Next.
- Once the file has processed your company file restart QuickBooks and open the desired company file.
If your issue is resolved, please take a backup your company file.
If the problem is not fixed contact QB Techs support team and we will be happy to help. We provide instant resolution and support for QuickBooks issues. Our turn around time is 24 hours at most.