AdrianG001SpectatorSeptember 18, 2019 at 3:19 pmPost count: 8
1. Close all the programs on the computer you have the QuickBooks 6000 series Error on and problems opening QuickBooks Company File.
2. Shut down the computer and wait for about 5 to 10 seconds.
3. Restart the computer and open QuickBooks again and select the company file from the list. Which company file gives error “QuickBooks Error -6189,-816” and don’t open it. The selected file always shows the directory path of the QuickBooks Company File Location underneath. The list box and it must show you the details of the selected company file e.g. File size, date and time it was last opened, etc. if this information is not displaying, it’s a QuickBooks connection issue in addition to the QuickBooks Error -6189 and the QuickBooks File Sharing configuration needs to be repaired.
4. Update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release and restart the program and try opening the file.
5. Repairing QuickBooks on the can solve most common QuickBooks errors including QuickBooks Error -6189,-816.
6.Update QuickBooks on the Server, and open the file from the QuickBooks Hosting Server.
7. Scan the QuickBooks file folder in QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the QuickBooks Server Computer.
8. Company files stored on removable disks then QuickBooks 6000 series errors can also be shown. (Thumb drives or external hard drive).
9. Intuit recommends not to store files in the local folders related to any File Sharing Services or Cloud storage application like Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. QuickBooks Cloud Hosting or QuickBooks Online is always a better option if you have the necessity to access your data from other locations or devices. Attempting to open the company files stored in local folders of the Sharing and Cloud Services. While they are in sync with other application. That causes conflict resulting in QuickBooks Error 6189 816 and other QuickBooks Desktop Issues
10. Allow full access permissions to QuickBooks, Processes and Data Access.
11. Try to open QuickBooks Sample Company File locally and then from the QuickBooks Server too to verify that the QuickBooks Error 6189 still comes.
Hope so this helps you
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.