The QuickBooks File Doctor is used by users to easily fix problems with their company files. You will find this tool to be integrated with your QuickBooks software. So, it automatically runs file tests to diagnose the health of your files and repair or fix problems in them. It is also a part of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. While solving problems using a file doctor is easy, what do you do when the file doctor itself stops working?
Here are some solutions that can help you:
Manually Launch QuickBooks File Doctor
If you were working on a file and see the error message that the file doctor is not working. It is probably because the file doctor was diagnosing the file in the background and ended up getting stuck in either the diagnosis or the repair stage. Close the error box and launch QuickBooks File Doctor manually to fix this problem.
- Close and reopen your QuickBooks desktop and hold the ‘CTRL’ key till you see the ‘No Company Open’ window
- Click on ‘File’ and go to ‘Utilities’
- Now click on ‘Repair File’ and select the option that says ‘Network Problems’
- A new dialog box will open, click on ‘OK’ and QuickBooks File Doctor will start.
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Enter your credentials in the file and QuickBooks file doctor will then start running a repair.
- Go to ‘Advanced Settings’ and choose ‘File Diagnosis Only’
- Then click on ‘Next’
- Once QuickBooks File Doctor has run a diagnosis, check if the problem has been solved.
If you don’t already have your QuickBooks desktop set up for automatic updates, then update your QuickBooks software to make sure the software, including QuickBooks File Doctor, functions smoothly.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click on ‘Help’
- Now choo